Author Topic: Newbie from Suffolk, NSU Prinz owner  (Read 2174 times)

michael1703

• Just Starting
Newbie from Suffolk, NSU Prinz owner
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »
Hello, I found the forum through the feature in practical classics

I was reading the article and in the picture was a beige nsu prinz

My car is known as 'wedgie' due to the reg number

Wedgie was bought last year and had been off the road since 1986, the engine was heavily seized, after lots of effort, unseizing found that the cylinders were scrap due to the corrosion leaving a nice deep crater in the bores which would let compression past

New liners were fitted and new piston rings and gaskets fitted, A new carburettor was brought from german ebay and the car was a runner although the jetting needs changing

The car has corrosion in the 'A' posts but isnt bad otherwise, theres a few dents and the brakes need rebuilding

Not sure whether I am going to keep it or not, it owes me more than its worth but I dont have the time at the moment to finish it but I may hang on til next spring and see what happens in the meantime

Heres some pictures:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Newbie from Suffolk, NSU Prinz owner
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »
Get some use out of it first. They are very capable cars for their size. Get a load of polish into those spots. Rot is the enemy of NSU as they used light grade steel.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs