Author Topic: Top 50 microcars on MSN-UK  (Read 3236 times)

RalphT

• Occasional
Top 50 microcars on MSN-UK
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:10:34 AM »

Hello all micro nuts

I came across this article on MSN this morning and thought I would share it with you.

Of special interest to Bob P is his Inter and Primrose.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=154123514

Cheers

RalphT
1960 Messerschmitt KR200

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Top 50 microcars on MSN-UK
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »
I haven't seen this before. I wonder who's top 50 though. There are some awfull cars on the list, Gordon, Rodley etc. It more than likely represents the only 50 cars the author could find

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 03:50:12 PM »
There are some incorrect facts there too, which basic research would have avoided. However some good pictures and a couple of familiar cars! Nice to see Heinkel AND Trojan both getting a mention!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
Yeh. I notice Mk1 Scootacar with a picture alongside of a Mk2.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
Indeed an easy stocking filler and ill researched rather debasing the whole point of the internet! I looked at some of the other lists and got bored pretty quickly. These things are not really done for those with an interest in a topic having led to some research. Interesting pics in some cases. A little celebration of some successful restorations so well done.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 11:42:42 AM »
I just read through some of the comments on this article , the general publics conception of microcars is stunning in its ignorance. Also more perpitration of the myth that Isetta's, Hienkels do not have a reverse gear! Now Clarkson has said it on Top gear the myth will last another 50 years.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »
Dear All

Very interesting to see that 5 of the photographs were taken at School House Farm. probably during the celebration weekend event last summer. Did Rumcar get an achnowlegement. no

Chris Thomas

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 12:32:54 PM »
Hi Chris
            I can only count three photos taken at the open day, My Goggo and Bob Inter were taken at the bath rally.
                                                                                                                                                                               Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »
Yes, I wondered at first where the Inter photo was taken, Jeans or Bath but I notice there is no white wall paint on the tyres so it was at Bath. Now shall I take my pot of tyre paint on Saturday and have another attempt?

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 02:19:41 PM »
Dear Mike

Thanks for the correction. I can see now that the grass in the photo is too flat for School House farm.  Well spotted.

Chris Thomas