Author Topic: POSTMAN PAT VAN  (Read 3705 times)

beetlefrank

• Just Starting
POSTMAN PAT VAN
« on: July 19, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »
There I was, enjoying the evening sun, glass in hand, here in Southern Brittany, when the wife interrupted my reverie with the announcement that she'd fallen in love again!   Now, knowing her as I do, I didn't panic - turns out the object of her affection is a Willam Fourgonette (Postman Pat Van) on French Ebay.   I promise you, all I said was "that's cute"  - next thing I know it's sitting in the barn with "well, you needed another project, didn't you?"!

At first glance it looked good - bodywork excellent - no rust - until I opened the back door and found the cardboard boxes inside - everything had been dismantled (even the crown wheel and pinion!) and piled into boxes.   Happily everything seems to be there - except the exhaust which shouldn't be a problem - and, naturally, all the nuts and bolts have disappeared.

So.......Mike/goggo are you still out there? - I know you have helped others in the past.   I am desperate for a copy of the Manual  - will pay postage/printing costs plus whatever is appropriate for your time and trouble.

Also, does anybody know if I can install the engine and gearbox together ready assembed?   It would be so much easier, so probably not!

So, greeting from Southern Brittany to all you out there - the wife is a great fan of your website and I get to see it quite often usually following comments like "Wow, look at this!" - and my sincere thanks in anticipation of your help/advice.     FRANK

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
Re: POSTMAN PAT VAN
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »
Hi Frank
            I will get you a copy of the handbook - I too have a Postman Pat van, mines a early one (1969) with oval shaped windows in the back door - mine's relatively comlete encept for the lambretta starter unit which I still believe you car get - I have even got a black and white cat ( a kids toy ) i my one.
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Mike

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:23:17 PM »
Frank, can we have your van on the Register please?  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
...and also some pics please !

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 08:12:53 AM »
Hello Frank and "Mrs Frank", yes photos would be nice, and welcome to the fun!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 10:20:44 AM »
Had one of these going and they are quite good fun. Captain Bondseye has one on his narrowboat for transport on reaching a hardstanding area where it can be unloaded. It is painted up to match the boat. However he was talking of selling it as he needs to rationalise an expanding collection. It would seem there about 5 or 6 over here now and perhaps there should be a Greendale Rally for them!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

beetlefrank

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 06:45:31 AM »
Ok folks - I'm no computer wizard so I'm hoping I have attached 3 photos - but don't hold your breath!

Thanks so much Mike - you may well have prevented a divorce!   Let me know how much I owe you.

Jean - only too pleased to register the car - have managed to download form which will be on the way to you shortly.

Thanks to all for the encouragement!   Frank (and Jan)

beetlefrank

• Just Starting
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 06:49:12 AM »
Ah, well, one out of three ain't bad.   Trying again!  Frank

beetlefrank

• Just Starting
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 06:51:08 AM »
and finally.........

marcus

• Prolific Poster