Author Topic: New Peel Trident Owner + Lost Peel Trident, now found  (Read 16431 times)

Dom

• Just Starting
New Peel Trident Owner + Lost Peel Trident, now found
« on: July 16, 2010, 06:25:37 PM »
Hi , hopefully this will make more sense

I'm new to being a peel owner after recently picking up an original Trident that
was lost in a mates garden for 30 years.

It needs some tidying but I'm looking forward to getting it on the road.

Just joined the site for useful info and to touch bases withother  members.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: New Peel Trident Owner + Lost Peel Trident, now found
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 07:14:18 PM »
welcome friend !

cant help but sure that others will very soon

remember they're fun not high finance  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

lovelybubbly

• Occasional
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 10:36:47 AM »
wow! That's quite something to' find' in a garden!! Not like strimming away and finding an old broom or washing line eh!  ;D

Good luck and try and get some pics on please.

Been off the forum for a while so hi to everyone.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:27:08 AM »
Great find, welcome to the forum.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »
come on Dom lets see the photos  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »
Yes please 'before' and 'after' photos most important and also please put it on the Register of Unusual Microcars even before its roadworthy, download a form from the web site (see halfway down 'About Register' page and send it off to Alastair  Lauchland as soon as possible, please   Jean.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Dom

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 08:14:23 PM »
Just got a new camera after a series of mishaps , 3rd one this year so i will get some pics up.
The main one that Peel Guru Andy took is already on this site and i have started stripping it for restoration

Im so amazed that all the nuts n bolts however rusted they looked  came undone without any effort.
I work on a lot of modern cars and they dont play ball all the time.

Though it did confuse me after working on the body which was imperial to then have to switch to metric for the engine.
Doh, i vorgot it voz german

I will be at Malvern (as i live only a short distance from it)
Look for the person that hasn't got a working peel there but is excited by it all.

Many thanks to all the people that have been in touch so far.

Andy, Ferdie and many others - you lots seem a great bunch, I look forward to meeting more at Malvern.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »
hi dom
which photo is it thats already posted ? what everyone wants is seemingly just what you have - enjoy !

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 11:57:05 PM »
Hi Dom, its great your Peel makes progress. If you do need any help with the engine / carb just sent me a personal message.
 I do know some  contacts of guys selling parts or doing complete replacements anyway.
Good luck bringing the Trident back on the road mate
Cheers
Ferdi

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:49:31 AM »
hi dom
which photo is it thats already posted ? what everyone wants is seemingly just what you have - enjoy !

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »
 :) now that is really what we all want isnt it

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 10:41:48 PM »
Damn right!!   question begs what happened to the door?!

Can't be many in 2010 left like this.  Truly the grail..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:46:43 AM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 08:09:09 AM »
Each one found is one less but they are still out there. The easy ones were found years ago so it is on with the dowsing and attempting to be the person who gets the lead on one. I have a sniff just now but it is an awkward situation that will see the stuff go to who ever might be in the right place at the time without them needing to know about the stuff. Not unlike a situation with several other rare cars I know about. There are some very awkward folk out there who you cannot really have dialogue or a deal with as they are either a bit paranoid or just enjoy owning things so you cannot have them despite having no interest in the machines themselves. Normally I am pretty good in these situations and get in but it takes time. These leads come up via non Micro sources normally and my trade contacts still give me info from outside the established scene as well as talking to people during my other activities. Ultimately it seems to be a small group who find many of the cars and it is because they look where no one else does. I used to work on the basis that every village had a Bubblecar lead in it. You would be amazed how often this proved the case and a car could be traced, many times to it's being destroyed but enough times to end up with a car, parts or engine. 25 years on that is probably not such a successful strategy but unless you look you do not find. I still find even though I am in no way looking as hard.
What happens if the door turns up with someone else? Ooo eck!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 04:53:51 PM »
Each one found is one less but they are still out there. The easy ones were found years ago so it is on with the dowsing and attempting to be the person who gets the lead on one. I have a sniff just now but it is an awkward situation that will see the stuff go to who ever might be in the right place at the time without them needing to know about the stuff. Not unlike a situation with several other rare cars I know about. There are some very awkward folk out there who you cannot really have dialogue or a deal with as they are either a bit paranoid or just enjoy owning things so you cannot have them despite having no interest in the machines themselves. Normally I am pretty good in these situations and get in but it takes time. These leads come up via non Micro sources normally and my trade contacts still give me info from outside the established scene as well as talking to people during my other activities. Ultimately it seems to be a small group who find many of the cars and it is because they look where no one else does. I used to work on the basis that every village had a Bubblecar lead in it. You would be amazed how often this proved the case and a car could be traced, many times to it's being destroyed but enough times to end up with a car, parts or engine. 25 years on that is probably not such a successful strategy but unless you look you do not find. I still find even though I am in no way looking as hard.
What happens if the door turns up with someone else? Ooo eck!

Boy would i love to know where there is a trident stashed away :o I have not been in the bubble world for long(loved tridents for years) but i'm going to try to locate one.I live very close to Stanmore where many tridents were sold from the infamous two strokes of Stanmore.One would think there must be one tucked away in a shed/lock up but where do you start to locate them if there are any left.I'm having some flyers made to go in the local post office/newsagent window and hope some old lady/gent will read it and get it touch !!!!!! we can all dream  :)

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »
By the way Dom you are one of the luckiest men alive.....Its like finding a real piccaso in someones loft  ;)
Good luck with the project  ;)