Author Topic: Messerschmitt Rubber Mats/bits/Monos  (Read 9608 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Messerschmitt Rubber Mats/bits/Monos
« on: July 09, 2010, 10:21:11 AM »
New stock of rubber mats are ready on Monday when I will be collecting them. Thus they should be available from Peter Darby this week and from the MOC rally at the donkey derby, Sussex. Peter plans to take the remaining stock of MEC spares down too, I believe, which we are clearing so you might get a bargain. Jules is looking to take new Monocoques down too. So interesting for trade. Not sure If I will be there as it is a long day trip but I haven't a donkey to use for the weekend on site and thus risk boredom. Might be better served heading off to Cumbria and getting some work done. I will be ready for MOC Cumbria 2011 then with possible accommodation for chums and a bit of practice in the lanes so I can cause trouble!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
Re: Messerschmitt Rubber Mats/bits/Monos
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 11:04:53 AM »
Well if the treasurer had paid the invoice we would have had rubber mats at the MOC rally. However the mats remain in the factory, finished on time as requested, while we await the arrival of a cheque. Just as well I did not drive up on Monday as planned but double checked, age has its compensations, like not believing anything until it is double checked.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »
So this means no mats for the MOC bash then  ???

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:21:54 PM »
"No Mats For Messerschmitts" ...... sounds like the name of an old war film!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 08:01:47 AM »
So this means no mats for the MOC bash then  ???

Exactly. To say I am annoyed is an understatement seeing as this was an order placed 2 months ago in line with new committee passed procedures. So far it has wasted about a day of my time sorting out the mess so it would have been easier to do it myself.  Now we have additional costs for collection since the delivery was not negotiated and the mats will need to be posted to the buyers instead of collected for free. All additional expenses to someone and lost revenue to the club. You cannot make it up. The sort of thing that makes you wonder why you bother trying to do anything.

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »
What a royal pain in the A$$.
It was the last piece i needed to complete the car  :'(

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 04:55:25 PM »
Is there any update on the rubber mats as i still need one ??

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 01:46:30 AM »
Did you ask Heiko Zimmermann / Germany ?  0044 21310103347

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »
I have chased this up last Friday and it seems the mats have been paid for but no one thought to tell me about it so they have been sat for a further two weeks waiting to be collected. You cannot get the staff. So we now have to sort out a collection next week so they can go to Pete Darby. Definitely easier to do jobs yourself!

Big Al

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 10:55:38 AM »
Messerschmitt Mats are now collected and with the contracted seller, Peter Darby, details in Take Off and on KaRoScene.

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 07:14:11 PM »
I gave up on the waiting for the MEC mats so managed to get one from Andy..... if only i had known he had them 6 months ago !!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 08:40:12 AM »
I gave up on the waiting for the MEC mats so managed to get one from Andy..... if only i had known he had them 6 months ago !!

These are probobly MEC mats anyway as we own the tooling. Unless a new tool has been made.

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »

These are probobly MEC mats anyway as we own the tooling. Unless a new tool has been made.

Andy has done all the tooling for both LHD & RHD Treinkels mats in addition to the Scootacar and Mopetta.  He was working on a new mould for Schmits as his 47 mile KR200 had the perfect mat to mold from.  His prototype mat was so much lighter and identical to the original.  Even the projected price was good for Andy and much cheaper than the £99 MEC ones on E-Bay  :o

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 06:14:09 PM »

mats for the Mopetta. 

I'll have two! Before they all sell out!    ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 09:25:38 AM »
[[/quote]

Andy has done all the tooling for both LHD & RHD Treinkels mats in addition to the Scootacar and Mopetta.  He was working on a new mould for Schmits as his 47 mile KR200 had the perfect mat to mold from.  His prototype mat was so much lighter and identical to the original.  Even the projected price was good for Andy and much cheaper than the £99 MEC ones on E-Bay  :o
[/quote]

Well that might be it then. Be interested to see the result. Always simpler to do projects yourself than by club! Pity the dome project went nowhere. I would have bought at least 10 at the right price, like anything cheaper than a trip to Germany - not that I do not like Germany you understand. Note to self, must find time to tour thier again, Monschou, The dams, Nurburgring, down to the Mosel and hit a rally or something.