Author Topic: Fiat 126/Reliant Fox Pick up.  (Read 2023 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Fiat 126/Reliant Fox Pick up.
« on: May 13, 2010, 09:34:57 AM »
About the most none RUM microcar but I have now rescued the unwanted Fiat FSM 126 from a fate worse than scrappage. These cars have gained a following it seems as two people are already after it. I have been offered a Reliant Fox Pickup for it. This actually quite appeals to me as a vehicle. However I hear that once the front ball joint goes the car is little more than scrap as it is peculiar to the Kitten range and now unavailable. Any knowledge? I am not looking for more dead weights to collect so if it is an unusable car then I would rather have the money for a nice clean running 126 and invest it in sorting out something like the Scootacar.

Oh I forgot to mention the same fellow has a Fox Van and Reef Cub.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:36:39 AM by Thread Bear »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Kitty76

Re: Fiat 126/Reliant Fox Pick up.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 10:54:38 AM »
balljoints are fully available from both Reliant and the Reliant Kitten Register for around £60 each.Ive had 3 Foxes,they are brilliant workhorses :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:14:31 AM »
Well other than normal issues there would seem little reason to knock the Pick-up. It would seem to be rare and look what happened to Mini Pick-ups. The investagation will continue as I have yet to view the car. Thanks for info.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Kitty76

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »
only 601 Foxes were ever built,with an around 60-70 left on the road.the main thing to check on them is the condition of the window frames,as they rot out and are not available.

I have a document all about the fox and keeping it on the road etc written by a friend of mine with 3 foxes,one of which he has owned from new,i shall have a go at pasting it up on here for you to read :)