Author Topic: Stanley Argson wiring diagram wanted  (Read 6440 times)

bubble999

• Occasional
Stanley Argson wiring diagram wanted
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »
Hi, hope somebody can help we need to wire up our 1931 stanley argson and have not got a clue where all the wires go, looking for a wiring diagram if anybody can help please, Or advice , thanks ???

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Stanley Argson wiring diagram wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:34:49 AM »

Hi, hope somebody can help we need to wire up our 1931 stanley argson and have not got a clue where all the wires go, looking for a wiring diagram if anybody can help please, Or advice , thanks ???

Hello:  I presume that your Argson has the Murphy Controller?  Does it have a two speed switch as well? How many wires are entering the motor? And how many entering the Murphy Controller?  Does it have an ammeter, a voltmeter either or both? Does it have a three-wire Rheostat under the frame front or seat?    I have just re-wired a Nelco as well as a Carter , and though time consuming, quite easily done.  I made up my own wiring diagram for both, using information from an original of a later Argson, which was very vague, and observation of the existing wires or at least the residual wires.  I would be pleased to e-mail (or post here) the diagram, and I could amend it according to your system possibly. I can check somewhat on my Argsons.
I rewired using copper THHN 6, 8, and 10 gauge wire for the Nelco, and the wire sizes on the Carter were 8 and 10, lighter than I expected, but no problem with heating up etc, especially since I used copper, not the original nickel coated steel wire. The THHN has flexibility and good dielectric insulation.   Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 06:30:59 AM »
Here is my Wiring Diagram for the Nelco, should be very similar to the Argson...
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »
 I've got copies of both the 1949 & 1954 wiring diagrams. The '49 basically corresponds to all pre 1951 Argson Electrics, & the '54 corresponds to the 1951-54 Argson Electric De Luxe. The two main ways to tell which type is which is the pre '51 Electric has girder forks & a simple forward/backward swich near the seat, whereas the 1951-54 Argson Electric De Luxe had rubber-sprung forks, a simpler seat & a large control box on one of the arms.

I'll swap you a diagram for knowlege of who you are & a picture of your machine.  ;) I'm rather suprised you haven't mentioned it to the Invalid Carriage Register (me) before now....   :-\

bubble999

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:53:07 PM »
Hi Stuart we have sent  a reply to you, hope you remember the vehicle, Its almost there and we are hoping to take it to its first show in June. Just upholstering the seat and wiring to do. We still have no idea on how to start it up and run it, advice please, thanks.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »
Light the blue wire and run away. I have the Harding back at home and it needs a fettle and then can be available to a buyer. Meyra to be done as well. Tandem anyone? Yep a clearout going on. Got to make space for the Larmar as I cannot get in the shed at the moment.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs