Author Topic: Stuart's mystery car....  (Read 8136 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Stuart's mystery car....
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »
Tippen Delta CABRIO!

the holy grail has been found!   :'(

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »
 Is it this?.....    ;)

As suspected.  Another IC!   Can't keep the boy away!  

Footnote.

The irony would be Captain Cyphus if, as you ebb into old age you become physically disabled!  We all know you're not quite right in the cranium but it would be a fitting destiny!! ..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:12:33 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 07:14:38 PM »
....or was it actully this?   :)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »
Stuart, that engine is not the right one for your Bambi ! You will need tougher suspension for that lump!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 08:13:39 PM »
The pictures of the fully cleaned up Tippen Delta are available to interested folks from me. It tests out OK electrically, has all its bits assembled on the car, minimal replacement purchases required - headlight rim, standard Wipac, Girling hydraulic overhaul and there is something missing on the rear valance but not sure quite what as the boot clips have nothing to hook on. I have a set of new tyres, an obsolete size now, available for £50 if the car is to do more than static display. Seems it is a Mk6 and one of only 5 Tippen Deltas left if understand correctly. So actually quite rare and in a very easy to restore condition. Sat in my drive at the moment though it is Stuart's car. It will re-regester on its number we think as it has a record and a chassis number. It can go anywhere a G-Whizz can plus you might get away parking in disabled slots.
Next up BX and then onto the next 'Schmitt for a wedding.

Bambi - yep I was waiting for the price to be to much for Fizzer as I would have paid more. However it was his lead so first dibs go to the finder. If it had been a free for all I would own it I think.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »
Loverly Stuart! Well sniffed out and you barged Mr Bear aside in the scramble! All you will need now is a Suzuki CP80 engine with cvt transmission and a completely modified braking system and you will be away! Although as you have told me many times before your just as happy to looking at it. Looks quite nice in white.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 11:16:44 PM »
Oh Stuart, i honestly love this Bamby. It a real nice one!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:18:22 PM by Peelpower »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »
  Is it this?.....    ;)

This opportunity to acquire a very fine Tippen Delta has now passed as money has changed hands on a deal so it passes on to be restored and used as an electric powered car.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 07:52:21 PM »
Loverly Stuart! Well sniffed out and you barged Mr Bear aside in the scramble! All you will need now is a Suzuki CP80 engine with cvt transmission and a completely modified braking system and you will be away! Although as you have told me many times before your just as happy to looking at it. Looks quite nice in white.

Charlie Watts, the gentleman drummer of the Rolling Stones has a collection of classic saloon cars like Lagondas and Bentleys. He does not drive, but makes his own suits and dresses to suit the car, then just sits in them relaxing in style. This was mentioned on Top Gear by guitarist Ronnie Wood, and this has been confirmed to me on a drummer's forum by Charlie's drum technician.
So Stuart, you are in fine company!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face