Author Topic: KR200 light pods  (Read 3758 times)

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
KR200 light pods
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
Can these be purchased in metal from anywhere?
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: KR200 light pods
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »
Sorry mate, not sure i got you right. Are you talking about these pods fitted on the nose of the car? If so, get in contact with
 " Radsatzwerkstatt Herbolzheimer in Oldenburg Germany". He's able to help.
Need help? Let me know.

Ferdi
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:17:15 AM by Peelpower »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:08:21 AM »
Are you refereing to the rear side lights fitted to UK cars? Sometimes refered to as torpedo lights?

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 07:42:13 PM »
meant the actual front light pods...will get in touch with R Herbolsheimer in due course.

I know the torpedo lights are hard to get hold of...need these too along with the rear lights....the list is endless!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »
 Due to the torpedo lights, you should ask german club members as they dont need them in Germany

Try http://www.messerschmitt-club-deutschland.de/

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:05:07 PM »
I have one second hand loose one, not sure which side but it still has the leading and flange on it. Had thought to mount it centrally as a spot light mount. That was when the cars were not worth anything! The car must be a bit ill. I have a nose where pretty much only the headlights are good but I was going to get this repaired.

If you do the car as non British the lighting is simpler and I think much prettier. Technically not legal but I never had problems. Torpedo lights do not really turn up often in complete form. The parts were used on cycle wings and such as side markers and often have clear lenses. The rim is the most difficult part. At the moment lenses are tricky but only as the lens man was not at the show where the Club sources replacements from him. They will return in due course I think. You can find plastic lights to, some in plasticoated chrome. I assume these were after market cheapo jobs but better than nothing till real ones can be found.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs