Author Topic: Cars to Look at  (Read 5604 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Cars to Look at
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »
I've started a new thread just for anyone who wants to post pics or make mention of any microcars that are most likely no longer going to be driven, but exist now simply to be looked at.

I start with this one, a Heinkel that is in the Lobby of the Trump Grande Resort in Miami Florida.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Cars to Look at
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:05:59 PM »
any microcars that are most likely no longer going to be driven, but exist now simply to be looked at.

Dammit, this thing wasn't even built  with an engine! Suerly proof that Saint Cyrill only intended his cars to be sat down & looked at. I rest my case....    ;)  ;)  :-*

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
 Ah, but what that film doesn't show is the several strapping blokes who gave it a hearty shove across the floor into camera range. Don't forget, I too was present at George Gelling's lecture on Friday night at the Peel Rally....   ;)  

As regards Peel Engineering possibly telling porkies, how long do libel laws exist for in this country, and how quick would it take the Peel Mafia hit squad to get here before I say anything else?  ???    :-*  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:19:05 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »
if only Andy Carter were here to set things straight.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »
if only Andy Carter were here to set things straight.

AGGGHHHH!!!!  The Peel Mafia hit man himself!!!  Head for the hills, or at least push your car towards them....    ;D   ;)   :-*

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 02:34:27 AM »
Peel mafia???  :o

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:22:24 PM »
Just got back from Retromobil where we saw another, the Beaulieu P50!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:43:00 PM by Bob Purton »

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 02:08:51 AM »
Fortunately only on display and not for sale mates.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 01:00:22 PM »
I've seen this Peel so many times waiting to get into the autojumble, I'm tired of looking at it.  ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 09:44:59 AM »
I have bought the Isle of Man in Dubai. I will shortly be getting some pygmies to start production of 'green' Peels based on the prototype. The sales tag line will be 'What's it like on hills, you say? Down 'em in a jiffy!'. My partner Cyrill Cannell (he swears that is his name), from Nigeria where the firm's holding company is based, will be handling sales. He is ready to take your deposit now.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »
I have bought the Isle of Man in Dubai. I will shortly be getting some pygmies to start production of 'green' Peels based on the prototype. The sales tag line will be 'What's it like on hills, you say? Down 'em in a jiffy!'. My partner Cyrill Cannell (he swears that is his name), from Nigeria where the firm's holding company is based, will be handling sales. He is ready to take your deposit now.

If You need some engines, please let me know. I have stored about 60 newly restored DKW power units ready to fit for Peel cars, either Trident or P50.
Unfortunalely im not interested to do a deposit for another Peel, because i already own 4 of them.
Good luck with the company. Looking forward to see some results asap.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:24:52 AM by Peelpower »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »
If only  ---------------- where is that old b......... when you need him?  :D

Going back to the Friday night lecture by George Gelling - if I remember correctly Stuart you were in no fit state to remember anything - your eyes were still glazed over after watching those dancing school girls in their gym-slips.  :P

Is a gym-slip the pre prototype Peel with gyrating parts or some sort of Isle of Man version of Moly-slip being advertised American style?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs