Author Topic: Peugeot microcar  (Read 3869 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Peugeot microcar
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »
Keep an eye out for the new Peugeot add on TV, it features the tiny prewar electric microcar that we saw last year at retromobil. I believe the French postoffice used them.

Incidentally, is anyone going to Retromobil this weekend?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:41:02 AM by Bob Purton »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Peugeot microcar
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:50:19 AM »
Will do, it looks great! All the car companies seem to be in "heritage" mode with their ads at present, perhaps because all modern cars are so similar.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »
I'm not sure I want to buy a Peugeot now, everything they make seems to break apart and blow up...well, according to the video.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
The thing they show at the end of the add which I guess is what they are advertising looks pig ugly! Maybe they should have stayed in retromode at the drawing board! Im assuming it going to be an electric offering to compete with the new Renault range. I know its been a long time coming but I am convinced that the electric car is now going to flourish.[not just saying this because I drive a G-wiz] Maybe we will see the rebirth of the Peel Trident four wheel electric!

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 12:25:06 AM »
Its the Peugeot BB1 - all electric including wing mounted rear view cameras instead of wing mirrors and motorcycle handlebar steering and controls with twistgrip throttle and hand brakes - no pedals.
It's 2.5M long and seats four, has a two 7.5kw motors (one in each rear wheel). Top speed about 50mph and range about 75 miles.

http://www.bb1-peugeot.com/index.php?lang=EN&campaignid=PPC_NCS&advertiserid=google&bannerid=peugeot_bb1&gclid=CKnRrrfatp8CFY1n4wodQimfzg

Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 01:16:13 AM »
...even has suicide doors!

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
including wing mounted rear view cameras instead of wing mirrors
A bit off-topic, but isn't it wonderful how this feature turns up on a show car every couple of years but has never been used in production?  In Japan in particular (with a big emphasis on digital tech) it would be a big marketing benefit, nevermind the fuel savings, which are probably 5mpg on a really economical car.

A vision expert explained a while ago that it's likely we will never see normal rearview (ie, not parking or similar non-urgent activity) by camera because of 'latency' - there's no way to get the rearview image displayed in real real time and not just 'nearly real time', so it's very hard to use the mirrors in combination with direct sight.

Andrew