Author Topic: Invalid Carriages now for sale  (Read 56934 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Invalid Carriages now for sale
« on: December 27, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »
 Well folks, the first two Model 70's from North Wales are home & dry & are in the processe of being gone through & tidied up. As there has been such a fuss made in some places of the possibility of my profiteering on the three examples earmarked for selling on, I have decided to subcontract the marketing & actual sales side of this venture to Alan Hitchcock, a person who knows far more than I do about selling cars & thus can be relied upon to get me my outlayings back, & whom shall be a far larger & easier target for your brickbats than I.  ;)  Thus the actual sales are now nothing whatsoever to do with me.

So, if anybody out there reqires a Model 70, your main contact is Alan Hitchcock, at alanbubblecars@hotmail.com  or on 01367 240125.  Alan's main advert may be viewed at  www.bubblecars.com/sales.htm    :)  All Dalmation hairs shall be removed before sale....   ;D  My contact details, as ever, is  invacar@yahoo.co.uk

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 02:56:55 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Dan Rodd

Re: Invalid Carriages now for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 05:33:03 PM »
how much are they Stuart?

edit,just checked hitchcocks site,i could buy many Reliants for that,did they really cost that each to buy?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 05:36:53 PM by Dan Rodd »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »
 It's not me who sets the price. Alan is in complete charge of that side of the operation. All I'll say is, I've finally had enough of some folk out there who asked me to find certain vehicles for them (case in point, a model 70 in early 2008) They gave me all the chat of really wanting one, going to keep it forever etc etc. I found them a really nice one, so nice I would have had it myself if I had had the room at hat time. They paid its seller £X, then one month later it was up on ebay with a start price of three times more than they had paid, & they got five times more than they paid.  This has happened several times now with conveyances I have pointed folk to and I am now hartily fed up with such folk taking advantage of my good nature.  Thus now if anyone wants one of these Model 70's from us, they can cough up the going rate or go without.  Invalid carriages (& particulary the Model 70) are not pocket money anymore. They are on the up right now just the same as every other micro was in the '80s.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 06:25:21 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
Hi Stuart
             I've just looked at Alan site and the Invacars he transported back from Wales for you are not the same as the photograph he has got advetising them IS THIS TRUE - because some people might be fooled into thinking they were getting a very smart Invacar, only to get there and find it's your car's that have lain in a breakers yard for 10+ years.

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:31:50 PM »
Hi All ,
     Stuart , there is a huge differance between the Invacar that you are showing & the one on Alans website ,they are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of purchase .Surely You realise this ! There is a tiny get out on this in one word & I quote "EXAMPLE OF " within the description .
         Having retailed over the past 30 years I would caution ANYONE looking at these .
        There are such things as the SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979 under implied terms & the
TRADES DESCRIPTION ACT of 1968 which makes it a criminal offence to give a false description & statement about goods .
              Caveat Emptor !!! Be VERY CAREFUL for your own reputations sake
                                    Jackie

Dan Rodd

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »
at the end of the day i know what transport costs are for that sort of trip,as a friend of mine does it as part of his buisness,and i know that you would have to be insane to pay more than £500 each for those 5,somewhat less i would have thought,so theres some serious profiteering going on and the actual cars not being represented properly.
how,pray tell does it cost £250 to get it"on the road" is it legal?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 12:14:41 PM »
I don't like seeing Stuart the subject of such severe criticism because I feel he is a sincere person but it has to be said that he has walked right into it. Bearing in mind the piety he adopted in a previous thread about registers and there accountability to the folk using them, handing vehicle sales over to a dealer [Oh alright X dealer] was from the start going to make him took somewhat hypocritical. I like Allan and feel he has done a lot for the microcar movement but the mindset of a dealer and someone like Stuart are two different things! The car on Allan's site doesn't look like one of the rescued cars, it even has number plates but who knows, it could have been the subject of a quick buff up. Profiteering? Almost certainly but by who? £250 to register cars that someone was paid by the government to scrap? Least said the better! Sorry Stuart but as Jackie said I think you have relinquished control over your own reputation. Maybe this was the only way of rescuing the cars? I'm sure Stuart will tell us when he is ready.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:54:09 PM by Bob Purton »

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 03:14:57 PM »
looks like you can't win either way  :-\
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 05:51:24 PM »
Hi All ,
     I have No AXE to grind against ANYONE . I do however suggest that Stuart resolves this situation  as quickly as possible for his own reputations sake & the conflict of interests that have arisen in this sad situation .I'm sure his motives were honourable in rescuing these cars but subsequently things have gone pear shaped.

Happy New Year to all involved in Rumcars  Cheers Jackie

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »
Hi All ,
     I have No AXE to grind against ANYONE . I do however suggest that Stuart resolves this situation  as quickly as possible for his own reputations sake & the conflict of interests that have arisen in this sad situation .I'm sure his motives were honourable in rescuing these cars but subsequently things have gone pear shaped.

Happy New Year to all involved in Rumcars  Cheers Jackie

Err what's the problem here? Sad situation?  Pear shaped? Motives? Honour?

He found the cars and rescued them (personally I would have left them there but that's another story...!  ;) )   He and Alan can sell them for what they like. PROFIT OR NOT.

Cyphus's reputation is and will remain always cast iron despite what drivel is posted on here.  

NOBODY WILL FORCE ANY PERSON TO INSPECT AND POSSIBLY PURCHASE ONE OF THESE CARS.

If I was driving through the country and happened apon a Scootacar peeking from say an open shed and stopped. Then discussed with the owner and bought it for a fiver and put it on here or Ebay for whatever then that's that.   It's up for sale. Whoever wants it can have it.  Take it or leave it.  The boy's said they are rescued machines but the best one will be on the button and a driver.  

Can't people just collect all info and form a balanced opinion?     "Example of" or not.   Or is Cyphus going to be in front of a magistrate next month?   You couldn't make it up..  

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:35:06 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 08:07:18 PM »
Hi Perry
            The question is not who's making a profit - I would do the same as you, but using a photograph of one that is immaculate as an example whereby his ones need a lot of work ( to put it mildly). and charging £250 to get it registered - whereby most clubs charge £25 - £50 and RUM cars does it for nothing.

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »
Perry ,
    I was trying to be subtle , & sympathetic . I dont think you have helped at all , quite the reverse in fact

Jackie

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 08:09:14 AM »
Quite the reverse?

What is actually going to happen then?  Do tell.
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 10:38:23 PM »
Has any one been to inspect the Model 70 pictured on Alan's website?  If not, how can anyone judge if the car in the picture is not one of those Stuart has saved from Wales?  A lot can be achieved in a short period of time to a fibreglass car to improve its looks; just a good wash makes a big difference! 

Stuart has no reason to be concerned about his reputation nor that of the ICR as he now has nothing to do with the sale.  Due to criticism on this Forum Stuart has done the right thing and handed over the marketing to an expert who has plenty of experience at selling Microcars.  Alan is a 'dealer' and makes no attempt to hide it.  Alas there are many so called 'enthusiasts' who are quite happy to buy and sell microcars, split cars and number plates and export whilst making a nice profit.  Perhaps we should run a thread on this topic and see who would be willing to stick their neck out and cast judgment  ::)

Stuart is one of the most dedicated to the cause and has to work all the more harder to convince the microcar world that Invalid Carriages are worthy, something he is achieving.  Stuart has saved 5 Model 70s, a major achievement and despite the odds has raised the funds to pay for them, collected them from Wales, found storage and now turns to all those who have pestered him to find them one over the last few years.  Now that the ICR has examples of the Model 70 available where are all these 'enthusiasts' that plagued Stuart to find them one? 

I doubt that there are many who can currently afford to put their own cash into such a mission to preserve cars and then wait until the right person comes along wanting one.  Selling one or two to 'Joe public' might well be financially necessary for Stuart but the terms and conditions of the sale are the responsibility of Alan.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 11:12:55 PM »
Hi Grant. I agree with most of what you say there but you said that as a result of criticism on this forum Stuart put the selling into another's hands. I don't seem to be able to find this criticism. There was plenty after the event but none prior. Could you please point it out?

About confessions of a microcar enthusiast perhaps I can start the ball rolling, I have exported quite a few microcars and also imported quite a few, not in recent years though. Last car exported 1998, last imported 2001. Who's next? :D