Author Topic: Peardrop  (Read 14063 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Peardrop
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:18:13 AM »
Don't know if anyone else has seen this video or knows the car shown

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=101308554
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: Peardrop
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:30:24 AM »
No idea what it is mates, but i do like it.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »
No idea but I want one!  Looks like a cross between a Paul Vallee,Avolette and a Tourette! Also liked the music!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
Brill.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:35 AM »
That beats the Mopetta hands down any day, love the bubble rear screen/windscreen combo!  8)

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:58:36 PM »
Thank you so much for the video!!!! Thats great stuff.

This is the microcar Bouffort (named after its constructor Victor-Albert Bouffort). During the WWII he was an aeronautic ingenieur. In 1945 he produced his first car. It was a streamlined vehicle based on the Citroen Traction Avant. Only very few prototypes were made and all survived! Later (1952) he developed a scooter which could be "folded" to a small luggage. He called the construction Valmobile. (Find more information: www.valmobile.ch.vu). In the same year he had the idea to produce the whole body of his newest microcar out of plastic. He made a tour through Germany in 1953. One year later Egon Bruetsch came up with some plastic-microcars. Although he was claiming that the concept was his own idea, it seems that he simply overtook the system of Bouffort.

After a few other cars he made (from which nonereached bigger productions) he disappeared.
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »
Very interesting! So who really did it first Bouffort, bruetsch or Merkelt? The plot thickens!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:46:23 PM »
Interesting, thanks for the info.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 01:46:41 PM »
In connection with Bouffort or Bruetsch I´m shure that Bouffort was the first. Of course nobody can prove that Bruetsch had stolen the concept but it seems so. Bruetsch himself told all the time that the idea comes up when he had seen the Chevrolet Corvette. I´ve never heared of Merkelt. Can anyone send a picture?
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »
We have discussed this before. Mr Merkelt was the designer of the Progress Supreme Tourette. First in aluminium and then in fiberglass. His wife swears that he had never seen a Breutch car before designing the tourette. Its not inconceivable that designers could come up with similar looking cars quite independent of each other.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »
Dear Bob

When you get to the bottom of this mystery of who was first with the design It would make a great article for Rumcar News.

The design is so pure being the shape of a rain drop, It would be nice to see a modern day equivalent design using 21 century technology. Anybody fancy building such a vehicle?

Chris Thomas

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »
oh yes! Now I remember the discussion. As far as I Know were of the Tourette only 26 cars between 1956-1957 built. Some of the Bruetsch cars were offered on british motor shows one year earlier, so Mr Merkelt maybe got inspired of them.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 09:09:37 PM »
You may be right but I think the aluminium on ash frame prototype predates that. As Chris pointed out its a shape we see in nature, the tear drop so I guess God thought of it first!

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »
When Edwin acquired our Tourette from Mrs. Merkelt she was most insistant that her husband had sketched out the shape of the future Tourette as far back as 1946 and that he was in no way influenced by Brutsch.  Sadly, she passed away some years later and all the information about the cars went to her son.  I doubt if the real truth will ever be known now unless his son has any of those early sketches still.   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 06:13:23 PM »
Hi Jean, You never told me that before, the date that is! That makes it pretty conclusive then that its an original design which is what my heart was telling all along, as you know I'm a big fan! Thanks Jean, that's made my day.