Author Topic: Velam clips  (Read 3814 times)

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Velam clips
« on: November 21, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
Re: Velam clips
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 11:54:31 PM »
There's an interesting link on one of those videos to a ESPN Brazil motoring programme that features a Brazilian Isetta replica, complete with recent Honda motorcycle engine: http://www.replicadeisetta.com.br/

It looks like the prices add up pretty fast - £1200 for a body moulding, £1200 for a chassis and £1900 for an engine.

Andrew

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:58:23 AM »
Very nice, ta for posting. I remember seeing an old French film with several good shots of a Velam, one coming towards camera through a crowd of people. At that time I was still slightly confused byHeinkels and Trojans being different makers but apparently the same car, and this was clearly similar but subtly different to Isetta, yet another confusion for me to deal with! I think the Velam is the nicest looking Isetta, and I particularly like that Jolly/Buggy style one. Great for parading along the sea front at Nice, Cannes, Malibu

(or Bognor!)
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »
Dear Nick and Andrew

Thank you for posting the link about the Velam, and BMW Isetta replica, however I am confused!

I have looked long and hard at the pieces of film and the Brazilian web site and I could not see any Velam Clips.

Are these clips held on with screws, bolts or pop rivets, or are they spring clips?

What are the clips used for? Holding body panels, electrical cables or upholstry?

What shape are they?

However I did enjoy seeing the old film.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
There were clips everywhere, you just was'nt looking hard enough Chris! Interesting that they were making a bubble window body shell as well as the sliding window, the former has always been my favorite. I wonder if they will last longer than tritek, as least they will not have to deal with the curs'ed SVA test.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:39:24 PM by Bob Purton »

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »
Very nice! Thank you very much
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.