Author Topic: Mystery microcars!!!  (Read 3694 times)

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
Mystery microcars!!!
« on: November 08, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »
Hi, below are a few pics of microcars I would love to know more about. Can anybody help??
If someone have photos of unknown microcars too, please post them here. Maybe this will become an interesting topic so.

The blue mystery resembles a PTV. The red & white coloured car is known as a "Schubert" of 1953. Are there more infos??
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Mystery microcars!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
The Schubert is a great favourite of mine, an East German one-off, possibly with a Heinkel engine. I first saw in in a Classic car magazine where it stated that it was a Heinkel Sport version of the Kabine, but this is not true.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 04:22:38 PM »
Thank you very much!
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 04:28:57 PM »
here is the hand-written information sheet that is usually on the car, also I am pretty sure the blue car is a Velorex, it is most definitely NOT a PTV!

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 04:46:37 PM »
You could be right with velorex. The design of it is similar to the design of the Velorex 435-0. Maybe it was a prototype? if not are there other survivors?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »
Apparently the build quality of the Schubert is not that great when seen close up. The door is hinged at the bottom, like the Polish Smyck (?) so it is not that easy to get in or out.
I know almost no German, but that sheet seems to say that it was built by Schubert in Hainichen or Munich(?) DDR in 1958, originally with an IFA or Ilo 350 2 cylinder 2 stroke air cooled engine, then with a Heinkel 175.
I don't know if Schubert was an individual, team, or company effort, hope someone knows a bit more about it!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:27:23 PM by marcus »

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »
Yes, the car was built in Hainichen. (A village in east Germany). What makes me wonder is that the car is described as a prototype and further that there is a second similar car known. Any idea, ore photos of this?

small viedo of the smyk:      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcXpk0a8P8U&translated=1
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:42:03 PM by bruetsch-freak »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 09:01:53 PM »
I know nothing of a second Schubert. I would like to find out more, and see what the rear view looks like too.

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »
Two pictures of the rear view. The info of the second car is written on the data sheet. Is there anybody who knows the owner of the known Schubert?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 09:45:28 PM »
Cheers Squire! From all the other photos I have seen I noticed that there seemed to be vents in the rear, very nicely done. Do you know if that gap in the rear windows is a deliberate ventillator, does it open and close?

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 03:05:48 PM »
Cheers  :), unfortunately I don´t know any details about the construction of this car. The rear window looks like it could open but I´m not shure if it really does.