Author Topic: Another moped/microcar engine for a crazy price  (Read 4813 times)

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
Another moped/microcar engine for a crazy price
« on: June 07, 2009, 01:39:25 PM »
This JLO V50 (G50) is offered now on ebay. The same type was sold some weeks ago on ebay too. But this one has a limit price of €320 (about $465 at the moment). It´s not even an new engine what would justify such a high price. It is a restored one and was never testet after restoration. Im curious if there will be a bidder.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170341397068&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:de

Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
Re: Another moped/microcar engine for a crazy price
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:26:37 PM »
this is the correct engine for a brutsch mopetta. (only the pull starter handle looks like it has been taken from another ILO engine, probably the 150ccm)
the ILO G50 with 3-speed gearbox is very very rare, I don't think you will have much more chances to get one of this !

When I sold my other ILO 3-speed engine, a couple of years ago, it fetched a much higer price, even this one was far away from beeing restaured...

best regards
Oliver
Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »
Probably you´re right Oliver. These engines are extremly rare
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

mozimo

• Occasional
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »
I would like to know this engine is belong to mopetta or which model??
Thanks..

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »
Yes, it´s the engine for the Bruetsch Mopetta. Egon Bruetsch planned at first to install a MOTA K50 (2,5 HP) engine but there was never a Mopetta powered by this engine. All the drivable Mopettas have the JLO piano V50. The first prototypes didn´t had any kind of engine. I did never find a picture of the MOTA engine but there is a scooter prototype of 1955 from this company.