Author Topic: Remember this ebay schmitt...  (Read 34728 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Remember this ebay schmitt...
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
How to make a Messerschmitt look like a Longnose Focke Wolf 190. Utterly brilliant to see it going.
I just love this car, it is an anti-microcar. I had my doubts it would be strong enough in body to be used but clearly I am wrong. I have to say I would not alter it back to original but continue development so as to get it finished. Get that exhaust tuned so it wails and go and frighten the world with eccentricity before they totally ban it. It hits the Biggles gene and if you have not one I feel sorry for you as your missing out.
Now where is that Alfasud engine, that would go nicely in the back of the Larmar, to make the Alarmar.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »
An affront to all that's sacred! :D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »

An affront to all that's sacred! :D

And all the more reason why it should exist says I  ;)  Good to see it moving & even better to hear you're keeing it, good Doctor. All hail Frankenschmitt, the king of the gentically modded 'schmitts.... Who needs a CX500 lump up the rump when a DKW hits the spot!  ;D   

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2010, 01:51:47 PM »
Funnily enough I too thought of Biggles! It IS an affront to all that is sacred, and if there were fewer than 100 surviving KRs I would prefer to see it made puckha again, but there are enough KRs in good nick to allow this absurdly gorgeous beast to live on.
Not too sure aboutan Alfasud engine in a Lamar.

An engine from a big sporting Allard would be much better, and it would be called the Alarmed!

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »
Dear Marcus

Somebody in Sussex did once think of building a special, constructed from the remains of a Gordon and a Lamar and was going to call it a LAMARGODON

He was put off by his friend who wanted to use the same body on a Mini Marcos chassis and wanted to call it a Mark Lamar. But he did not think it was a good name or very funny.

Chris Thomas

DrNoose

• Occasional
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2010, 04:50:13 AM »
Howdy All!

Tonight the Frankenschmitt made its first real road trip. Four miles each way! I took it to a local cruise night. Needless to say, it was a big hit. People flocked to it all night.

The most impressive thing was how well it ran. That DKW engine has plenty of power on tap, and it REVS! I got it up to 50 mph no problem, and it had a bunch left on tap. Handled much better than I expected. Typical three wheeler understeer. All in all, a very successful outing.

Dan

P.S. look up Frankenschmitt on youtube...I have posted a couple of videos.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2010, 07:26:36 AM »
And you nearly gave up on it, I knew it would get huge attention! Brill.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »
Looks great!  :) You did a good job, Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal