Author Topic: Fend F-2000 for sale!  (Read 14917 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Fend F-2000 for sale!
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:19:03 PM »
http://www.mirbach.de/main.asp?main=auto_detail&ID=3591&subnav=1&preisgruppe=classiccars

seems like a lot of money but what do I know.
"Only One IN STOCK!"

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
Re: Fend F-2000 for sale!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
That's been a dream of mine since I first saw it - pretty near perfect (if a little large for this forum).

I'm off now to buy a lottery ticket.....

Andrew

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
I thought it was 150,000 Euros, but I found that if you hover over the Euro Symbol the price comes up as 200-500,000 Euro!

they are crazy.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:31:52 PM »
I'd rather have the original Fend Flitzer.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »
I'd rather have the original Fend Flitzer.

Me too methinks.  A Flitzer feature article by the way is on the cards for a future issue of Conveyancer, all those interested take note. Quite possiblely the first major in-depth feature on the life & times of the Flitzer ever to appear in English.....   ;D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:48:58 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:25:22 PM »
I posted this link elsewhere and an American Messerschmitt owner in Germany replied with this:

For those of us who got to see the prototype when Fend was still alive can tell you that it was a project that was half finished when he died. When it was displayed at the yearly meeting that was held in Regensberg 1999 most of the instruments were either phonies or decals. Fend was taking deposits of 10,000 DM's at the time and was going to have it in production within two years. I purchased a set of his sales information packets but as I had got burned on the purchase of a BD 5 earlier in my life that I even had a production number for (ready in six months when I paid the final payment) I am hesitant to drop money for something that has not even been tooled up for. Fend was a little upset with me when I asked if he had done a marketing survey or a production cost analysis. The answer of course was no as this vehicle was truly hand made, mostly by Fend's friend and assistant (also his landlord). I cannot remember his name [added: Baptish Muehlbauer] (Fend's right hand since 1953) - I had some great discussions with him. He received the Fend 2000 after his death for settlement of monies owned to him by Fends estate.

The guy (Ludwig Staedele) who ended up with it, traded his really nice Tg 500 and trailer for it. Ludwig then finished most of the vehicle to include having to invent a wiper system gear drive and unit for the complex curved windshield (windscreen). He spent a lot of time sorting out the suspension as above 40 kmph as it was downright dangerous. After he spent a lot of money and almost five years of work he finally received a German Road Inspection for it but it is still restricted to 120 kmph (about 75 mph) but Ludwig said that above 100 kmph was putting your life at risk as it tended to wander all over the road. He has had it at several shows and displays since he received the plates for it. He was still working out the bugs but felt that it was almost 98% finished. The front suspension would have to be completely redesigned and replaced as Ludwigs had already made several changes to it that the German Safety Inspectors required him to do,

I have to say that I was quite surprised to see that he was selling it or that it already sold it to those folks as he did not say anything to me about selling it when I saw him last.

So that's relieved me of the need to rob a bank to get the F2000.....

Andrew

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »

???   Did the price somehow drop to a level you can now afford or are you under the impression the car is not for sale?

I was told that Ludwig has consigned this car to the above mentioned MIRBACH for sale.
They don't own the car, he still does.  He is just selling it through them.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »

He is just selling it through them.

Selling it?!  What at 200 - 500k Euros or Pounds these days.   That is the most absurd price for what looks like an 80's prototype kit.

Anyone want my Peels?  For sale.  Just .5 of a Million. I'll throw in the trailer too!   
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

TREBOR

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
Are they running and road worthy?

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »
There' s only one. Yes it's roadworthy.  But not terribly practical on quite a few levels. 

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini