Author Topic: micro postcard  (Read 22608 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
micro postcard
« on: October 14, 2008, 11:05:38 PM »

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: micro postcard
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
I was trying to figure out which design this is supposed to be, it has a look of Heinkel from the sides although apart from the roof it looks a little like my orange Nobel.  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »
I thought it was a Tourette! ;)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:26 AM »
Looks a bit like the Jetsons car  ;D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »
Dear Bob

If it was a Tourette Syndrome, it would not say Gosh!!! as it went under a bus.

Do you have any more postcards we can comment upon?

What other comic wheezes could you make into a cartoon?

Bendy bus driver standing next to his bus with an orange Bond crashed into the side of the bus  and almost flat, Driver "I think I may have cought a bug".

or

Man standing next to a Ford KA "This is actually the Si model but Ford decided to call it a Studio for some reason"

Chris T

Jawmedead

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »

Man standing next to a Ford KA "This is actually the Si model but Ford decided to call it a Studio for some reason"

Is this what they call toilet humour?  KHAZI.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:36:41 PM by Jawmedead »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »
There are some more micro postcards, but in the interests of comedy I dont think I will post them !!

Jawmedead

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 06:41:53 PM »
Oh go on lets see some more. I need a laugh.  ;D
I entered Bamforth comic postcards in ebay and came up with loads of funny ones but no microcar stuff.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:54:26 PM »
Dear Bob and Bob  (perhaps I should change my name to Bob Too)

Who was the cartoonist that did car- toons!!! in Autocar. They were always excellent. Quite a few were of microcars. Does anybody have any of those?

CAR TOONS, what a cracker.

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 09:50:16 AM »
Insight, there is an old Thelwell cartoon of a road by a canal. On the road is a car going one way with a small boat on its roof. Coming the other way is a boat with a KR175 on its roof. And who could forget the Giles 1963 annual cover with a lovely yellow Heinkel/Trojan on it. There was also a Brockbank cartoon in one of the classic car mags which showed a KR200 (or 175) on a main road, driving past a side road called "Lovers Lane". There are several cars parked in this, presumably with amorous activities taking place, but the couple in the KR have glum faces, realising they cannot get up to anything in their car. I remember another of a Heinkel or Messershmitt being aggressively pursued by a Spitfire...TRIUMPH Spitfire
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »
Here are two that you can buy large reprints of from Punch (click on cartoon for link):

Andrew

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 11:16:30 PM »
Dear Andrew and Marcus

Yes it was Brockbank who did all the great car - toons in Autocar, and obviously in Punch as well (Our dentist never had punch).

I wounder who holds the Autocar cartoon collection now? Perhaps some could make great Christmas cards or post cards (if permission was achieved from the copyright holders).

Is anybody out there a good cartoonist?

Chris Thomas

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »
In the 80's I had permission from 'Brocks' widow who, at that time held the copy rights ,to reproduce  of his cartoons and this first one appeared in RCN No.4 Spring 1985.  I have failed once again to master the art of reproducing it here but I wonder if that permission still stands?  If anyone has access to Classic and Sportscar April 1985 an article appeared on his work and some more of his cartoons.

Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 08:24:55 PM »
Dear Jean

It would be great if we could resurect all the old Brock cartoons involving bubblecars and microcars and even do something with them, like produce a small book called "Bubblecar humour" or "25 years of fun motoring" and perhaps produce some wall posters, A computer screen saver thingy    and sell them world wide to raise funds (with some royalties going to Mrs Brock). Anything for a laugh.

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 09:00:05 AM »
Another great pic: in one of the Tintin books, I think "The Claculus Affair" or "THe Castafiore Emerald" the last page shows a car rally at Captain Haddock's home, Marlinspike Hall. There are some beautiful drawn and recognisable cars (Herge was the master!) and included among them is a Velam Isetta and a KR 175.
In fact the Tintin books are packed full of fantastic pix of cars, planes, boats and trains, luvverly!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face