Author Topic: THUNDERSLEY INVACAR  (Read 6250 times)

TREBOR

THUNDERSLEY INVACAR
« on: September 04, 2008, 05:32:55 PM »
Hi Stuart, I see Andy Tiernan has an Invacar up for sale at £2500.  TREBOR. :-\

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: THUNDERSLEY INVACAR
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »
HOW MUCH!?!   :o  Damn, I rather fancied this one myself but that price is totally out of the window. Trouble is, the way things are going these days I can actully see some idiot paying that kind of money as well.

For those who care, the current price recoulds for vehicles confirmed as sold at that price, are;

UK,  Petrol;   1947 Trilox Rolsette  £1,500

Electric;  1950 Nelco Solocar,  £1,801

World;  1969(?) Tippen Delta,  USA,  $8,000  (£5,000 at that time)

Top confirmed price made by a Model 70 in the UK is £985. 

So now you know.......

TREBOR

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:19:42 AM »
There is a video of it running on his web. www.andybuysbikes.com     TREBOR.  :-\

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »
 The Andy Tiernan Invacar Mk 8 has no less than a seven-page feature with twentry-five photos in the current (November 2008) issue of Real Classic motorcycle magazine. Alas, you can't get tis mag in the shops, but I got my copy on eBay for £3.90 inc postage. Here's the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=390004027484&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=026

You will NOT be disapponted. The article was written by the Greeves Riders Association so its not riddled with all the usual cobblers about these things. In fact I would go so far as to say its possibly the best article on an invalid carriage ever printed in a commercial magazine.

The vehicle's new owner is a Conveyancer subscriber, are YOU yet?......